Jan 212015
 

publicité point paris

Initial registrant stats for .paris show that 49% of registrants in the first 24 hours of the TLD’s general availability (GA) were from the Paris region.

The French Capital’s TLD (Top Level Domain) opened for GA on December 2, 2014 at 14:00 French time. 80% of registrations recorded on that day were made within the first hour of operations.

Stats provided by the TLD’s back-end Afnic show that although .paris appeals to registrants residing in France, there is also a not insignificant interest from outside the country. 85% of first-day registrants are from France. Of the remaining 15%, most are from Germany, the US, Switzerland, the UK and Holland.

A week after GA, the City of Paris claimed 12,000 registrations. The numbers appeared erroneous with ntldstats.com showing less. As of January 20, 2015, ntldstats.com shows 14,522 .paris domains registered.